(31 Jul 2010,
Name: Miguel Piedrahita
- Development of climbing feet for the
- Procedures and results from testing feet on our test track.
- info on successful clearances and dimensions of feet and ankles
- Documentation of the procedures used for SDM manufacturing of climbing feet.
find good "realistic" climbing surface
redesign ball joint foot for realistic surface
machine and pour more lamellar pads
order more hole punches
Possible source for 3mm ball studs:
Basic principles of
adhesion to penetrable and smooth, non-penetrable surfaces, in context of climbing robot.
Penetrate with minimal force by aligning spine with angle of attack to surface
Angle of attack should be chosen to provide desired shear/normal force ratio
Use minimum necessary # of engagement pts, based on shear/normal force requirements
maintain constant spine orientation when loading
align spine with direction of withdrawal
Minimize moments acting to unpeel foot pad from surface
decouple foot pad from leg through universal joint
apply loads to foot such that they pass through center of foot pad
Maximize surface contact area to move away from Coulomb friction regime
Application of these principles in design of feet, using SDM to achieve specific implementations of concepts not possible otherwise.
ME393 - seminar, Wed 10:00 AM - 10:50 AM
MED255 - ethics seminar, Thu 05:30 PM - 06:30 PM
CHEMENG459 - Frontiers in Interdisciplinary Biosciences, Mon 03:15 PM - 04:35 PM, Clark Center S360, Thu 04:15 PM - 05:30 PM, Clark Center AUD
CHEMENG350 - principles of cellular systems, MWF 8:35-9:50,
- Modern Control Design, 3 units, Mon Wed 08:30 AM - 09:50 AM,
- Nonlinear control, 3 units, Tue Thu 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM, Skill193
ME326 - Telerobotics, 3 units, Mon Wed 01:15 PM - 02:30 PM,
- Continuum Mechanics, 3 units, Tue Thu 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM,
- Biomedical Device Design and Evaluation I, 4 units, Mon Wed 02:15 PM - 03:30 PM,
Personal Preferences (details in
Horizontal size of text edit box:
Set EDITBOXWIDTH = 70
Vertical size of text edit box:
Set EDITBOXHEIGHT = 35
Style of text edit box.
for full window width (default),
Set EDITBOXSTYLE = width: 99%
Optionally write protect your home page: (set it to your
Set ALLOWTOPICCHANGE =
Set checkbox defaults
Set RELEASEEDITLOCKCHECKBOX = checked
Set ATTACHLINKBOX = checked
has site-level preferences of TWiki .
has preferences of the TWiki .Rise web.
Copyright &© by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki?