Summer 2017 Kickoff
Thinking of Butano State Park - close to beach in case weather is good, but sheltered if it's cold and foggy. Allows dogs in 'developed areas' on leash.
Note - we have bunch of tools, napkins, plates, charcoal etc. around lab and conference room. Should take inventory.
Ideas from Capella -- Food time shopping list:
- Can we get ground lamb somewhere? Should be possible...
- Vegan (burgers? Not sure what these are called Will is vegan. Anyone else veggie/vegan? Yep, Arul; I'll be home for the weekend, should be able to make it to the retreat.)
- Hot dogs (for those who don't eat hamburgers)
- Buns (please please NO sesame seeds )
- Hot dog buns (please no sesame seeds either unless we keep them super quarantine which didn't work out last trip so just skip 😬)
- Gluten free buns (how many gluten free people do we have? I know of one)
- Cheese (like that big pack of Tillamook from Costco)
- Tomatoes (bring sharp knife for these)
- Condiments (ketchup mustard etc.)
- Aluminum Foil
- Fruit! (Like strawberries 🍓 or 🍇 i feel our group likes these!)
- (dessert? No nuts as we have allergies in the lab)
- Chips ?
- Cooler to keep food in
Games?? Frisbee we brought some games last year but the space wasn't really fit for them. Maybe this year?
Ok those are my thoughts/ shopping list. If people have suggestions or need help shopping let me know, if I think of anything else I'll add it. I know Wilson was going to do a Costco run! Just trying to make list easy! Thank you Capella
Summer 2016 Kickoff
Went to Portola Redwoods. Ate food, made plans...
took a hike and pictures [by MichaelLin and MicheleLanzetta's family].
Planning for the 2014 Summer Kickoff
- Date: Friday 27 June
- Time: Meet at lab at 08:45. Plan to return to campus by approximately 16:30
- Location: Somewhere on the SF peninsula ==> Sam McDonald Park
- Attendees: (are you coming & can you drive people?)
- Matt (can drive & actively recruiting passengers for the Cool Car)
- Natalie (Cool Car passenger 1)
- Arul (Cool Car passenger 2)
- Mark - I can probably take an (Uncool) car = 3 people + self + supplies
- Julien (Can't drive)
- Eric (can drive 4 people)
- Mark Cuson
- We could try for beach, with a cloud/fog backup plan. In previous years we did (Pomponio or Pescadero). If it's foggy, the closest sheltered retreat is Butano State Park, which is just a few miles inland from Route 1.
To get in the mood have a look at some previous summer kickoff materials:
- Retreat photos and planning whiteboards from 2011 kickoff at Pomponio Beach
- Planning pages from the old wiki (TWiki) (more photos too)
Markers(10-20ish) - MRC: I found about 8 markers and a large pad of paper that we can use. I will try to remember to bring in a roll of blue masking tape to go with the papers. I guess we might still need a few more markers. Maybe some thumbtacks?
Things to get at Costco or...
- BIG package of Burgers (20ish)
- Veggie burgers (not as many)
- Chicken legs / breast
- bbq sauce
- ketchup --DONT BUY WE HAVE A BUNCH
- cheddar cheese
- Fruit (plate, perhaps with berries? but definitely watermelon)
- veggie plate(with dressing)
- grillable vegetables
- sweet potatoes
- more onion
- corn (a must have)
- nacho / jalapeno / cheetos
- tortilla(get the 5lb bag)
- flat of sodas / juice or both
- flat of water(unless we have one in the conference room)
- charcoal / lighter fluid / lighter
- Utensils (but no napkins no plates no cups)
- Kubb (ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kubb)- Natalie
- Cards - Mark Cuson
- Soccer ball (if beach/grassy park) - Bobby
- Spike Ball - Bobby
- Frisbee - Mark Cuson