Inkscape Python extensions bug
30Dec2014: -- This bug seems to be fixed if you download the latest Xquartz and Inkscape under Yosemite (10.10.1). A quick test is whether Extensions/Render/Gear... works.
This bug needs to be fixed for a number of handy extensions to work on Mac. For example
- Make arrow heads match stroke color -- a known annoyance in Inkscape is that by default, the arrow heads are always black, independent of the line color. This can be fixed by selecting your arrow and then selecting
Extensions/Modify Path/Color Markers to Match Stroke(see screenshot below)
- Gear Render and other handy Python programs.
- Export DXF also requires this fix. (Note that your DXF file will still need to be scaled by whatever application you load it into.)
- Open Terminal (Applications/Utilities/Terminal)
- Open (eg. in emacs) the file
- Make sure that
export VERSIONER_PYTHON_VERSION=2.6is inserted just above the line
Change will take effect when X11 (Quartz) is relaunched.
Prevent Copy/Paste between files converting objects to bitmaps
in X11 Preferences make sure that "Update Pasteboard when Clipboard changes" is NOT checked:
Handy shortcuts: http://inkscape.org/doc/keys045.html