Universal Robot Instructions
This page is intended to help new users of the UR5 get started. Instructions should include the following:
- How to program the UR5 through the touch panel.
- How to program the UR5 through sending commands through a separate computer using Ubuntu+ROS+C++
- How to install ROS Hydro in Ubuntu
On this page... (hide)
You can access tutorial in view mode at this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sgp6DNzlewfDynjDy3r-UxFQb8APMyiNXMA3xi-NM6E/edit?usp=sharing Please e-mail Michael Lin (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jung Hwa Bae (email@example.com) for getting edit access.
More notes from Negin Heravi based on her class project: Negins UR5 notes
After going through Mike's installation and package setup, https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sAlNAUusSIMiFG4EGddJjzn_IapnQp83jYSP4aQrACg/edit?usp=sharing
You need an Ethernet cable between the UR5 and your computer. The following tutorial is useful to set up a static IP connection:
useful setup instructions: https://github.com/qian256/ur5_setup
You need to first boot up the UR5 using the Teach Pendant, calibrate it, and get into the Networking menu. Then set the IP numbers. For example, these should work:
- For the computer, IP = 172.22.22.1
- For the robot, IP=172.22.22.2, netmask = 255.255.255.0, gateway & dns = 0.0.0.0
- Hit 'Apply settings', don't hit 'Update' or it erases..
- Trom Linux terminal
ping 172.22.22.2and you should get a response. (Control C to kill).