ME268 will present a series of speakers at the intersection of AI, robotics and the future of education
- Instructor: Dr. Li Jiang
- Class Schedule: Winter quarter, Wednesdays 4:00pm—5:00pm
- Class Location: Taught online for AY 2020-2021
Schedule (revised as speakers confirm dates)
ME268: Robotics, AI and Design of Future Education
This seminar will feature lectures and guest lecturers from industry and academia to discuss the state of the art in robotics and artificial intelligence (AI), and the impact of these technologies on the future of education. The time of robotics/AI is upon us. Within the next 10 to 20 years, many jobs may be replaced by robots/AI. We will cover hot topics which include how we prepare students for the rise of robotics/AI and how we re-design and re-invent our educational systems to adapt to this new era.
Recent speakers have included:
- Chief Scientist at NASA Ames Research Center.
- Founding Editor-in-Chief of AAAI/MIT Press
- Author of book “Working on Mars” and 6 other books.
- Well known computer scientist specializes in cognitive science and AI.
Dr. Sam Yen
- Head of Commercial Real Estate Digital at JP Morgan Chase & Co.
- Former Chief Design Officer at SAP
- Former Managing Director for SAP Silicon Valley.
Dr. Alice Agogino.
- Roscoe and Elizabeth Hughes Professor, UC Berkeley.
- Chair of Development Engineering Graduate Group, UC Berkeley
- Education Director of the Blum Center for Emerging Economies, UC Berkeley.
- Former Associate Dean of Engineering School of UC Berkeley.
Dr. Paul Kim
- Chief Technology Officer, Stanford Graduate School of Education
- Assistant Dean, Stanford Graduate School of Education
- Dr. Kim is a well recognized expert in using AI in the field of education and education technologies. he leads initiatives involving the design of learning technologies, educational research, and community development.
Dr. ShiPeng Lee
- Editor in Chief, IEEE Transaction on Circuits and Systems
- Former Vice President of Microsoft Research Asia
- IEEE Fellow and World recognized expert in computer vision, image recognition and image related AI.
- Venture Partner of Norwest Venture.
- One focus of Sergio’s investment is education.
- Board member of Udemy and many other educational companies.
Class Instructor: Dr. Li Jiang
- Robotics and Design Thinking Expert
- “Best of Innovations” award winner of Consumer Electronics Show(CES)
- Research focus: multidisciplinary research of AI, Robotics and Design of Future Education